I've recently been experimenting with some ways to live more intentionally, be a better human, all that sh!t- here are some avenues that were successful for me, in case you want to try some (or variations of it).
1) Not looking at my phone an hour before bed.
2) Set an alarm clock for the following morning an hour earlier than usual, and place it across the room so I can't press snooze and roll over.
3) Write out a few goals and intentions in my journal I have for the next day (so I can sleep on it and work some subconscious magic), and then jot down 10 things I am grateful for, significant or mundane.
1) Turn off alarm clock, do not check phone/email or social media of any kind for the first hour.
2) Write intentions and goals in my journal again, and possible solutions to make them happen. Dedicate one page following to object writing (for instance, a whole page about the word "rain")
3) Exercise intensely immediately after for 30 min to an hour.
4) Take a cold shower with deep breathing exercises- if you're curious as to why, this man swears by it (he is where I have gotten most of my ideas about intentional morning and evening routines):
5) Eat something healthy and proceed with my errands and goals for the rest of the day.
These steps make me feel more productive and in charge of my day. Perhaps I won't always have the energy, but I try to accomplish this routine daily. What are some of your favorite self-care nightly and morning routines?! I would love to know. Comment below or email me at: email@example.com :)
Daily Dad Joke #8: